Sunday, February 14, 2010

Towards another synopsis Part One

Since I'm not quite ready to dive into Chapter 20, i thought working on a new synopsis would be a good idea. At least before I get back to cleaning house. For Valentines day, a couple romantic techno tracks. Which sounds like the same music, but just with titles like Love Romance Pepper.

I can accurately lay out my chores for this book. There are the last four chapter I mentioned yesterday, and the last round of editing or the third draft. The way i look at it, the final draft will be the easiest. Seventy five percent of it will be grammar and sentence structure. It may sound a bit tedious, but it really isn't. Leaving myself some breathing room, i doubt if I'll be rewriting twenty five percent of the book. Don't think so. It usually begins with a slight apprehension about the quality of the pages I'm about to edit, but after a few minutes, I see there's no problem. Crazy? You betcha (sorry)

Mechanics sound good? Now what's it about?

Well with my reading background, it was always going to be something with Adventure. I have read a fair bit of Romance in my life, but that's neither here nor there. There weren't going to be any monsters, then there were. As far as self contained, it wasn't going to be. This is the part where you usually have to make some point, especially if you want to make one. Is the word I'm looking for grand?

No matter how far you run, your destination will be slightly beyond your grasp. It's begins with seedy morals, and an ambitious quest. Years ago one man became king, and set in motion events that would cross time and space. I've been watching Dark Shadows, sorry. Just accept the fact, it hurt me more than it hurt you. Seriously, we're treated to an upstart king, a political science major on the run, one of those failed last ditch efforts, and an airship. Once things calm down, we're treated to a train traveling south through barely lit farm country, as the main actor arrives at his small university setting. Off the train, there are two treats, a forcibly imposed adventurous prelude, and a new friendly face to take him out drinking.

Before i go any further, let me say something about the different types of adventure. This isn't going to be dungeons or dragons, I don't think there are any swords in it, but there is a wizard. Just not the type you're thinking of. I doubt any of the people are interested in making the world a better place. Well maybe one person is, but he has to ditch his fantastical obligations before he can even think of home based devilry.

If i had to pick a type, I'd tell you about Vertigo Comics, and what do i say right away, an issue about a woman off her meds. They were for fear of heights. The type goes good with my sarcastic hand. A man intent on living a quiet life constantly making choices that contradict that goal. Then finding himself with extra normal abilities, and the imposition of the type of people it attracts. In the process, i have created a bit of a universe. From one prisoner escaping, came the collusion of two worlds. The borders are opening.

Alright, this is not going to be as full as i had intended. Which means the other editing is going great. I will see you all next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment